Bonefish & Tarpon Unlimited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonefish & Tarpon Unlimited

An online community meeting place for members of Bonefish and Tarpon Unlimited

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grand Slam

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver
Crash Test Dummy

Grand Slam Empty
PostSubject: Grand Slam   Grand Slam EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 5:29 pm

Well, the title is misleading - I've never hit a grand slam, or a super slam, or anything close. But I know some of you have. Who can brag that they've done this?
Back to top Go down
Mick Kolassa

Mick Kolassa

Grand Slam Empty
PostSubject: Slams   Grand Slam EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 2:47 pm

I guess I'm one of the lucky (or persistent) ones. My first slam was a super slam, followed by several of the regular kind. It might be good to point out that the IGFA recognizes catching any three of the four species (bonefish, tarpon, permit, and snook) as a grand slam. Catching any three of those on the same day is pretty satisfying. Catching all four gives you an unbelievable rush followed by a Zen-like sense of sense of peace.

If you want to target a slam, I've found Belize to be an exceptional spot. The Keys have all four species in abundance, but they are pretty educated and tougher to get. A slam in the Keys is a real accomplishment! I have had several "visual slams" or "Kodak Slams" in the Keys but haven't closed the deal there.
Back to top Go down
TBone
Crash Test Dummy

Grand Slam Empty
PostSubject: Super Slam   Grand Slam EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 3:34 pm

I just saw the Belize River Lodge page with your pictures on it, Mick, proving the Super Slam tale. That's awesome.

-TBone
Back to top Go down
Aaron Adams
Scientist/Researcher
Scientist/Researcher

Grand Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Slam   Grand Slam EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 4:09 pm

Southwest Florida, the Everglades, and Florida Bay are also good places to get a slam, albeit a bit different - tarpon, snook, and redfish. Just pick the right season and you have a good chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grand Slam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Slam   Grand Slam Empty

Back to top Go down

Grand Slam
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bonefish & Tarpon Unlimited :: Chat :: Fish Tails-
Jump to: